The 2nd Annual Mission 500 Hockey Classic is a great way for members of Canada’s security industry to come together and give back to children in need around the globe — not to mention lace up the skates and have some great fun on the ice with your fellow security professionals.
Last year’s event saw more than 40 industry members strap on the equipment to help raise more than $19,000 for Mission 500, a non-profit organization — launched and supported by the security industry — dedicated to serving the needs of children and communities in crisis. The Mission 500 Hockey Classic is an initiative of the charity’s Canadian Committee. Members of committee include: Paul Grossinger (chair), Shawn Gore, Frank Pietrobono, Neil Parekh, Sean Sportun, Jennifer Aboukhalil, and Clark Northcott.
Please join us on Thursday, February 16, 2017 by sponsoring, supporting and/or playing in our fun and exciting Hockey Classic event!
Here are some important details to keep in mind:
• The event will take place at York University’s Canlan Ice Sports Complex in Toronto, ON
• Games are scheduled for between 12pm-4pm
-Each game is 20 minutes in length
-2 rinks will be used, simultaneously, throughout the afternoon
-Games start every half hour, with a flood occurring at the top of each hour
• Each player is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games
• Following the games, there will be a brief awards ceremony and dinner (4-6pm) for all attendees at the Thirsty Penguin (top floor of arena)
• The event will feature 8 teams, with 8-12 players on each team
• Participants can sign up to play as individuals, as a twosome, foursome or they can submit an entire team
-For all registrations (excluding individual sign ups), names of other players will be collected by event organizers at a later date
• Outside of complete team entries, teams will be chosen by event organizers
• Event sponsorships are available. Please click here to learn how your company can support this worthy cause, while at the same receive some great brand exposure to security professionals across Canada
• All proceeds for the event will be directed to Mission 500
you have any questions or concerns, please contact Paul Grossinger from SP&T News at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!